How to care for your jewellery
All of our jewellery is handmade with unique natural stones and sterling silver. Some materials may be fragile and require gentle handling.
- Please store your jewellery in a dry environment and minimal moisture. It is preferable to keep a silica bag with your jewellery during storage.
- Put your jewellery on after you have put on lotion, perfume, cosmetics and hair products as different agents cause jewellery to dull.
- Remove your jewellery before bathing or swimming.
- To care for your jewellery and keep it clean and ready to wear, gently wipe off excess make-up and skin oils after each wearing.
About Sterling Silver
Sterling silver or 0.925 silver is a beautiful, bright metal that jewellery lovers worldwide have selected as their favourite metal. There is no noticeable difference in the appearance between the white gold and sterling silver. However, unlike gold, sterling silver needs special care, and it must be cleaned and polished more often than gold. With the right care, sterling silver will last a lifetime.
Tarnishing of sterling silver is a natural process. This is a result of the oxidation of the metal. To clean dry, use a soft specially treated polishing cloth to clean tarnish from silver, and bring the silver back to its original shine.
To remove light grease, dirt, oils, perfumes, or stubborn finger prints, use a soft bristle toothbrush with liquid hand soap and warm water. Rinse thoroughly with clean, warm water to remove the soap. Dry with a soft cloth.
Clean your jewellery frequently to avoid build-up of perfumes, lotions, body oils, body perspiration, and dirt. If it has been a long time since sterling silver has been cleaned, it would be best to use a silver cleaning paste or liquid to get the job done.
Three ways to charge and energise your crystals:
- Expose the crystals to bright sunlight for a few hours.
- Expose the crystals to the light of a full moon over night.
- Put your crystal under running water.